Friday, April 01, 2011

SELF ESTEEM (Part 5); SELF ESTEEM AFFIRMATIONS

Improving low self esteem
We all know that you cannot just wipe your past away and forget the bad things that happened to you to cause you to have damaged self esteem today. So how do you deal with low self esteem when you need a quick boost? There is a way you can have a quick fix if you need an instant boost to your self esteem. Take note that this is not a long-term, permanent solution. It will make you feel better and more confident in the moment. The only way this can become permanent is when you approach it very seriously, do the exercises regularly and do it with a strong believe and confidence that it can and will work for you. What am I talking about? Self esteem affirmations, of course! Replacing the negative voice in your head (telling you that you cannot, not good enough, too fat, unattractive) with a positive one. Want to try it?
  1. Start by slowing down your breathing by breathing deeply and slowly from you stomach,
  2. Still you thinking and empty your mind, (when a thought enters your head, envelop it in a bubble and let it float away)
  3. Feel fully awake and focused on the present moment,
  4. Repeat any of the affirmations below and believe it with your whole being. Drink it in and make it your own. If you feel unsure or fake when saying it, keep on repeating it until you feel it is your own,
  5. Use the affirmations that you are most comfortable with, that suit your personality and life,
  6. Built a list of affirmations that fits you. Repeat as often as possible, make it part of your daily routine.

Self esteem affirmations
  • I am a unique and special person and worthy of love and respect.
  • I deserve all that is good and beneficial to me.
  • I am my own authority and not affected by negative opinions or attitudes of others.
  • I release the need to prove myself as I am my own self and I love it that way.
  • I am solution minded. Any problem that comes up can be solved.
  • I have a positive expectancy of reaching my goals, and I bounce back quickly from temporary setbacks.
  • No one in the entire world is more or less worthy than I am.
  • It is enough to do my best.
  • It is not what happens to me, but how I handle it, that determines my emotional well being.
  • I am never alone. The universe supports me and is with me every step of my journey.
  • No one in the entire world is more or less important than I am.
  • I'm my own best friend. I am compassionate and gentle with myself.
  • I am adaptable and open to change.
  • I choose love, happiness and balance.
  • I count my blessings and rejoice in my growing awareness.

Self esteem affirmations can be very powerful. Use my list or develop your own list of self esteem affirmations that suits your personality and specific needs.

Summary of the topics discussed on self esteem;
How to build self esteem
Symptoms of low self esteem  
Overcoming low self esteem
Self esteem exercise
Self esteem affirmations

PREVIOUS: Self esteem exercise


No comments:

Post a Comment